Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Review: City of Bones

Hello everyone! I'm Meghan and today, I thought I would share a review of a book I finished recently. 



City of Bones is the first book in Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series. Basically, the book is about a girl named Clary who can see shadowhunters (half-angel and half-human) which means she she is not a mundane (just human). She witnesses what she at first believes to be a murder but was actually shadowhunters killing a demon. This causes one of the shadowhunters named Jace to take an interest in her. Clary's mother goes missing and Clary is attacked by a demon at her house causing Jace to feel the need to bring her to the institute where he lives with a shadowhunter family. Clary learns about shadowhunters and all of the secrets her mother has kept from her.

It was great. Some things I could see coming, but it was wonderful to read how it all played out. Both Simon, Clary's best friend, and Jace are hilarious. Simon is adorable and nerdy. Clary doesn't give him half as much attention as he deserves. I would absolutely recommend it. If you like fantasy books or maybe want to give one a try, this book is a really good choice. I've already went out and bought the second one.

My Favorite Quote: 
“…that’s the motto of the Nephilim-the Shadowhunters-there on the base” 
“What does it mean?” Jace’s grin was a white flash in the darkness. 
“It means ‘Shadowhunters: Looking Better in Black Than the Widows of our Enemies Since 1234″”

No comments:

Post a Comment